A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

06 June 2007

Wild About Wetlands!

Whew! The wetland exhibit, she is finished. It about killed us, but it's done. Pretty much. Still some finishing touches to put up, but finished enough to be open and up and running.

If I haven't been writing or calling you back lately, this is why. Working 80 hours per week isn't fun. But we took the building from totally empty with white walls on the 16th to open to the public on the 26th. Not too shabby!

Photos:

Linda finished painting the heron at 2AM on the 26th.



Every zoo should have a sea monkey exhibit, don't you think?

3 comments:

  1. Golly, when I said keep posting, I didn't expect all this! Had I known you were so open to suggestion . . .

    How about buying me something pretty? No? Worth a shot, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My real comment:

    The exhibit looks cool. How'd you guys get stuck with such a crazy deadline for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the building where they have the penguins breed. So we couldn't get in there until the penguins were done with it. Not ideal, but that's how things go around here.

    ReplyDelete