A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

14 February 2007

I'm not dead

Okay, so it turns out that the absolute best way to get people to make comments on your blog is to not post anything. Good to know.


In response to all of your inquiries, no I am not dead. I'm still here, the weather is not high of 30 and low of 21. I've just been busy working and going out, and haven't taken the time to update here. Sorry! I didn't know you all were so interested!



Anyway, here's a little rundown on my busy life. I was on 97.1 KZHT on January 26th to promote our "Mating Dances and Wild Romances" class that we teach every Valentine's Day (or thereabouts). In this class we teach all about how animals flirt, about pheromones, sexual dimorphism (the differences between sexes - i.e., antlers), coordinated breeding between zoos ("computer dating"), etc. etc. It's a really fun class, catered dinner, tons of fun. I was on the radio with "The Morning Zoo" for about 10 minutes. By January 29th, the class was full! We added a second day. It's full! So we added a third day. Incredible. It's about 1/3 full so far.



To really appreciate how remarkable this is, two years ago, we couldn't give away spots in the class. No one was signing up for this thing. Now I think we could teach it every weekend in February and it would go.



Anyway, so this morning I went on KSL TV to promote the third night of the class on "Studio 5," which is the station's morning chat show. You know, on right after Rachael Ray. They have a cooking segment. You all know what kind of show I'm talking about. We (the PR girl and I) took the armadillo with us and did a little segment with one of the hosts to plug the class. So hopefully it will fill up - fingers crossed!



My segment of the class, by the way, is the pheromones bit. I get up there and act all goofy (very Eddie Izzard-ish) explaining how the different types of pheromones work. I think all of this stuff should earn me a badge! I hereby award myself the "sexing up science" badge.

If nothing else, I think I have earned that one through breeding Dr. Jeffery's fruit flies.

2 comments:

  1. Is there any video of your TV appearances?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not from this one, no. Somewhere at home I have tape of my first ever TV spot, on Fox 13.

    ReplyDelete