A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

31 January 2007

"That's very punk rock."

This winter, I was noticing that my purse was very dirty. That is, visibly dirty. We all know from horrible, terrifying email forwards how truly dirty a purse can be. So, I decided to toss it in the wash. That's one of the side benefits of owning a nylon purse. Very washy.

Anyway, in order to wash it, I had to remove all of my bug pins. Those of you who have seen me in the last year or two know that my purse has been covered in many jeweled bug pins, to keep it from looking so boring. (And because I like sparkly things, and bugs.) A bunch of them had come off recently and needed to be repaired, so taking of the rest wasn't so bad.

However, once I got my nice clean purse out of the washing machine, I decided not to put the bugs back on. Instead, I put on some pins that I had got at Christmas time.

And so I give you - The Weather Purse. (Eat your heart out, Mark Eubank!)


Now, the obvious downside here is that I have to update it every day. (Well, in theory. We've been stuck in a weather rut here for a little while.) But I think it looks like fun. It's still suitably nerdy like the bugs were, and Danger Boy says the pins look "very punk rock."

7 comments:

  1. Has the weather been significantly different from 30°/21° in the last three weeks?

    Have you thought about getting custom made buttons so you can do a Gina-esq weather report? (i.e. "Hot" "Like a puppy dog's nose")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of Gina buttons, but I do want to get one with a little gas mask, to represent the smog we've had for a few weeks now. It's toxic out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you do a post telling us about your radio appearances? Some of us have to live vicariously through you, you know. (Please don't pay too close attention to my spelling.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotta say, the title of this post inspired me to purchase "Punk Rock Princess" by Something Corporate off of itunes. I had totally forgotten about that song, and I love it, such a great purchase. Thanks, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it's still a high of 30 and a low of 21.

    ReplyDelete