A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

12 January 2007

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K

It's ridiculously cold outside. Just ridiculous. Count yourselves lucky, those of you in St. George and Texas and Colorado. Today I was trying to wash the salt off my windshield at lunchtime and you could see the water freezing instantly on the glass. Really pretty patterns, but not exactly what you'd call encouraging.

Actually, I was downtown for lunch today and it was snowing hard. It was very pretty - big, fluffy flakes drifting down between the tall buildings. Then we drove back to work, and it was like someone flipped a switch at 5th east. Snow just stopped like there was a wall. By the time we got back to work, it was blue skies and sunny.

In other random news, we just got a bunch of new stuff at work to use in education classes and such. You know, nerd toys. One of these is a model of DNA. It's about 18 inches tall, a nice double helix with all the base pairs, etc. Only problem is, the phosphate chains along the outside are represented by strips of rubber. And the rubber stinks. You know how brand-new rubber things are when you get them. Smelly. So now my office stinks like DNA.

3 comments:

  1. Bytheway, one of the best lines from a movie filled will so many good lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw a Circle K yesterday. I hadn't seen one in years. They are new to Colorado Springs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in a land of no Circle K and NO 7-11!! Waaaa!

    ReplyDelete