A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

17 October 2007

Go Pats!

Sunday's football game between New England and Dallas was really good - perhaps made better by the fact that I wasn't watching it all by myself. A few small critiques, though:

  1. Why did it seem that the Patriots couldn't tackle anyone? They totally blew getting a safety in the second half, and it seemed like there were a lot of Cowboys who were able to shake off tackles. A little troubling from such a dominant team.
  2. Fantasy football makes watching football much more stressful. I co-manage a fantasy team that includes Patriots players Sammy Morris and Wes Welker. Sammy Morris ended up getting injured in the middle of the game and went out, which meant he wasn't scoring many fantasy points that day. Fortunately, or so I thought, Wes Welker was having a career game, running for over 100 yards and scoring two touchdowns. Good news, at least until my co-manager texted me during the third quarter to lament that he had benched Welker this week. 25 fantasy points, down the drain! I think I'm going to be double-checking my rosters on Saturday nights now, to make sure this doesn't happen again.

4 comments:

  1. We would have lost anyway I'm telling you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but only by one point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just imagine if you had actual money riding on the game. I don't know how people do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to ask anonymous. He had five bucks riding on it with a Cowboys fan.

    ReplyDelete