A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

29 October 2007

Blueberry muffin tops

I was meandering down the cereal aisle at the SuperTarget last week when a cereal brand caught my eye: Blueberry Muffin Tops. Intriguing. I like blueberries, blueberries in cereal, muffins, and muffin tops in particular. Sounds like a win-win! Also, it's a Malt-o-Meal cereal so it's one of the cheap kinds in the bags. Target is good for bagged cereal. Their cereal aisle is so big, they have lots of room for bagged cereals.

Anyway, I bought the bag and I have to say that they're pretty tasty. They do taste just like blueberry muffin tops, so they're true to advertising. My only problem with them is that they are very similar to Cinnamon Toast Crunch. They have the exact same consistency and mouth feel - in fact, they could have been called Blueberry Toast Crunch and it would have been just as true to advertising. Anyway, we all love CTC but is has a major failing: it kind of makes you sick if you eat more than one bowl. BMT cereal does the same thing.

So anyway, it's a good cereal. It's tasty, but gets soggy fast and I don't recommend eating more than one bowl.

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe I haven't seen that one yet. I'm usually pretty up-to-date on my cereals. And we buy tons of the Malt O Meal kinds. This month we have treated our selves to some Boo-berry Crunch and Count Chocula (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This (and above) is not Adam, this is Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top O' The Muffin To You! (Did the Seinfeld episode about muffin tops really not rate a mention in this post?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This (and above) is not Melissa, this is Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have actually never seen the Seinfeld episode about muffin tops. I know there is one, but I don't feel I can reference it competently without having actually seen it.

    Not a big Seinfeld-watcher, I.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna be honest, I was really excited about this cereal but it has seriously disappointed me. I couldn't even eat it, that's how bad I thought it was. I asked some friends to try it to see if I was just crazy and all of them have agreed with me. Weird!!! Well I'm glad you like them, I wish I could enjoy them too :(

    ReplyDelete