A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

26 October 2006

Getting home

Ah, home again. I actually have been home for a few days, but I think I should probably explain how I got here. Since my car is now, essentially, a very expensive tricyle, I was in need of assistance in getting home. AAA has been helpful in the whole insurance area thus far, and were willing to get me a rental car with which to drive home, but I really wasn't looking forward to the 10-hour drive. I loved the drive on the way out, but wasn't feeling good about it any longer - particularly in a rental car. Lots of different scenarios were discussed - Clark and Shannon driving me as far as Green River, my flying from Colorado Springs, etc. - but I ended up finding a $114 flight from Denver to Salt Lake. Since I'd practically be spending that much on gas to drive home (grr, Utah gas prices!) I decided to fly.

Carrie and Clint were very kind and drove me all the way to Denver International Airport - which is practially in Kansas, I think - after Lauren's doctor appointment in Colorado Springs. A quick 62-minute flight later, I was back in Utah. Ahhhhhhh. I now have a rental car, a tiny little Toyota Corolla (from Florida!? This after every car company claimed not to do one-way rentals) which was a total picnic to drive home in last night's blizzard, believe you me.

Thank you very much to Clark and Shannon and Clint and Carrie and Brenda and everyone who helped me out in getting out of Colorado sane and in one piece.

2 comments:

  1. It's probably best you didn't drive. Clark and I were both cringing around every corner for 11 hours, and we weren't even driving during the accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been saying for years that the Denver airport is conveniently located in western Nebraska. I'm glad I'm not alone in that feeling...

    Happy you made it home in one piece, Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete