A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

21 October 2006

One of Two

So Clark and Shannon and I are in Colorado, visiting Carrie and Clint and their new baby, Lauren. It's lots of fun so far. It was a lot of driving (but I like driving) and some dinky hotels (but I like hotels) but YAY! for babies so we're doing good.

We went out to dinner the first night we were in town, to a local steak place. I so love a nice steak, cooked medium-rare. My order came more medium than rare, but it was still tasty, so that was all right.

When we went in to be seated, the host asked us how many people were in our group. Everyone else said five, and I said six. Hm. Well, six with the baby, but she doesn't really count since she's two months old. So what was I thinking of? Clark and Shannon, Carrie and Clint, me and . . . oh. Just me. Suppose in the last few months I've become used to going places with Elliott and being part of a duo. Being just me is not a problem, but it kind of caught me off guard that I was assuming that I was one of a couple. Particularly since, that night, I wasn't.

It's nice to be one of two.

No comments:

Post a Comment