A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

31 October 2006

The ongoing saga of Johnny

I was so hoping that by the time Halloween rolled around, I would have definitive answers about my current transportation situation. Alas, 'tis not to be.

I did go to the doctor yesterday, since I still am achy in many places from the car crash. My pain is a two out of ten, there, there, there, there, there, there, there, and *gasp!* SEVEN! Ouch. There's a very tender spot on my ribs, right where my door handle apparently smacked me. Yow. They didn't do any x-rays because even if the ribs are broken or cracked, there's nothing they can do about it. So I am going to tell everyone I have cracked ribs. Why not? The doctor wanted to put me on an anti-inflammatory, but it turns out that I'm allergic to all of them. So it's just me and my good friend Tylenol until these aches and pains go away. They nearly have; every time the doctor asked me how much something hurt, I said "It hurt much more when I made the appointment . . . "

Anyway, back to Johnny. I called the insurance people on Friday, but they hadn't appraised the car yet (or whatever it is they do). So I called back on Monday and asked for an update. Apparently they have towed the car from the tow yard to their storage yard, and have since then moved the car from that place to another place . . . or it may be somewhere in transit between place one and place two.

Yeah. I think they lost my car.

Which bodes well for it being totaled, right? I mean, can't fix it if you can't find it, right? Right?

I couldn't get her to tell me where place one and place two even are (Colorado Springs? Denver?) so it remains a mystery. Time to call in Shaggy and Scooby.

No comments:

Post a Comment