A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

06 November 2006

$12,474.16

Twelve thousand, four hundred seventy-four dollars and sixteen cents. That's the repair estimate on my car. (Now relocated, apparently, by the insurance agency.) To be considered totaled, the repair cost needs to be 70% of the value of the car. According to what I've found online, my car has a retail value of $17,900 give or take, which means it's close. Very close. The insurance company should be letting me know tomorrow what they think the value of the car is, but it looks like it's totaled.

3 comments:

  1. $55.84. Maybe if you just take the right person out to a nice dinner they'll call it totaled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe you can add in your plane ticket home. Or the cost of the rental car. Or the cost of sending the car back to you. Of course, the insurance company wouldn't be cool like that, let's be honest. And I know they don't work that way, but sometimes I wish they did. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already asked them to take into account that I need to get the car back somehow. Also, I only get 25 days coverage on rental car,and we've already used up 15. Plus any other things they may find while they're in there . . . There's no way the car will be repaired in less than 10 days, so there will be additional rental car costs as well. So, fingers crossed, they don't see it as worth their time to repair.

    ReplyDelete