A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

03 January 2008

Happy New Year!

My resolution this year is to post more often. We shall see how that goes.

This year for New Year's Eve, I didn't have any plans until the last minute. Whew! Thanks to Elliott for having a birthday on the last day of the year, so I didn't have to sit home lonely. A bunch of us went to dinner at Tucci's for Elliott's birthday, and I had the pasta pomodoro. You have never seen such a large group of adults (or, "adults") coloring so industriously on the table covers with crayons. We made very pretty pictures, and at Elliott's request I kept tradition alive and did some Punnet squares. (Elliott x Elliott - he should not breed with himself because his children would be skinny string bean people who would blow over in the breeze. Or so finds my squares.)

After dinner I was invited along to Dan's house for some Rock Band goodness. Rock Band, for those of you who are unacquainted with the concept, is like Guitar Hero plus Sing Star plus Donkey Conga, only with a drum kit instead of bongos. You can also add a second guitar controller so someone can play bass. This kept all of us occupied until 2 in the morning when the PS3 pled for mercy and we turned it off.

I got home way late (I won't say when) to discover that my loving neighbor had decided to park sideways in the alley behind the house, so I had to go out the other end of the alley and parallel park on 8Th South. That's hard for me on a good day, but I think I did very well on my second try, particularly if you take the late hour and snowdrifts into consideration.

New Year's Day was fully devoted to napping, with a brief break to check out the winter sale at IKEA. I got a teapot. Woo!

So, what did you do for New Year's? Discuss.

1 comment:

  1. We let the kids stay up until 9:30 to watch a Muppet movie and eat all the potato chips that they wanted. It was a surprising amount of chips! I think Adam and I watched a movie after that, but I don't even remember what. We lead an exciting life, don't we?

    ReplyDelete