A place to record the things that my brain comes up with.

10 December 2006

Yet more insurance news

I know. We all thought we were done with this. It's turning into some sort of farce here - the car crash that never ends. Allstate insurance called me last week, which was weird. I have insurance from four different companies - car, health, dental, and duck insurance - but none of them are Allstate. Turns out the other car in this whole mess was insured. Huzzah.

Allstate sent me a lovely letter, received on Saturday, letting me know that they had received the claim dated October 21, 2006 and that they wanted to work toward a "quick resolution" to the claim for my convenience. Riiiiiiight. Way to be quick there, folks. They also said that "if" their person was found liable for the accident that they would pay for a rental car until my car could be repaired or replaced. Now, obviously this is a form letter. Well, that or Allstate is even further out of touch with reality than my insurance company is.

Anyway, I hope to possibly angle this into getting Allstate to pay for the days of rental car time I've racked up since my insurance company cut me off over a week ago. Barring that, they are aware that I have also opened a "bodily injury claim" (I went to the doctor once after the accident) and that if I had over $3,000 in medical bills I may be eligible for "pain and suffering" compensation. Perhaps I can be eligible for pain and suffering payment purely because I am still having to deal with this? No? I'm going to call them back tomorrow and see what's going on here.

4 comments:

  1. But the more important issue is, Do you have a new car YET?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short answer? No. Long answer? Kind of.

    I have signed a contract to buy a car. I have put a little deposit down on the car. As of yet, I have no car. It's still in Japan, or somewhere out on the Pacific Ocean.

    ReplyDelete